This policy was last updated on 1st July 2015
Most of all, I value your privacy. When you subscribe to my newsletter or make a purchase from me, rest assured I do not sell, loan, or give your email address or other personal and financial information to anybody.
What are cookies?
These are small pieces of information stored on your computer and are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
- analysing site usage data to help understand how people interact with the site so I can make it better
On this site I use:
- Session cookies: which remember you for the length of a visit to the site – for example, making sure you don’t have to enter the same details on every page repeatedly.
- Settings cookies: which remember any settings you set on the site. For example, if you leave a comment on my site it remembers your name and email address so you don’t have to enter it again the next time. Social sharing buttons such as Facebook Like buttons or Tweet buttons use similar cookies to remember whether what you have already liked.
If you are not comfortable with this information being stored in cookies, please: do not use this site.
You can find out more about cookies and how to remove them from your browser at About Cookies: how to control cookies.
Collection of Your Personal Information
I pledge to hold all information you provide to me in absolute privacy.
I will never sell or rent your name or personal information to any third party without your express permission.
I never sell or rent my mailing list.
I am the only person who may access your information.
Payments for my products are processed securely through Stripe and Paypal via the shopping cart on my site. Because Stripe and Paypal handle all electronic transactions made, I never have access to your credit card or other personal information. Both Stripe and Paypal are audited to the highest levels of security for transactions.
To find out more about how Google uses any data it collects please visit http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html.
Any information collected is used only for remarketing purposes and will not be used by them for any other purpose.
Use of Your Personal Information
If you subscribe to my newsletter, your contact information (email address) is used to send it to you or to communicate to you via other channels such as advertising on Facebook.
On occasion, I make special offers to newsletter subscribers. These are primarily for my own services, but may include offers on behalf of third parties. I alone send out the emails, to ensure that the third parties do not have access to your information. However, all recipients of the newsletter may opt-out of receiving future newsletters when so desired, and are given opportunity to opt-out of these emails at any time at the bottom of each newsletter.
I may also use personal information in a manner that does not identify you specifically nor allow you to be contacted but does identify certain criteria about my website users in general. For example, I may inform third parties about the number of registered users, number of unique visitors, and the pages most frequently browsed. Any information I share will be on a purely aggregate basis, not tied at all to users’ individual site activity.
Aside from these uses of user information, I do not sell, nor plan to sell any user information to anyone.
I take all reasonable measures to protect and secure the information you provide to me. Any financial information you enter on-line such as your credit card number, etc. will be encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology. You can tell the technology is working when you see the lock icon on your browser. The protection of your information is important to me.
Protection of Children’s Personal Information
My site is a general audience site and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children. While my website may be viewed by children, I do not wish to receive data from children. I encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate in the interactive activities offered on the sites their children visit. No information should be submitted to, or posted at, my web site by visitors under 18 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian.
Links to Third Party Sites
Kathy Brodie Early Years Training
29 Dean Road