Exclusive Opportunity for Early Years Practitioners, Owners and Managers...
Discover How To Implement an Effective Observation, Assessment and Planning Cycle Which Will Save You Time, and Help You to Better Support Your Children
One of the biggest challenges I hear from Early Years Practitioners is “how to get Observations to work“.
We all know the theory: children learn best when their environment is tailored to their individual needs, supported through careful observation, informed assessment and dynamic planning.
But putting that into practice can be a significant challenge.
That’s what motivated me to write the book, Observation, Assessment and Planning in the Early Years. And it’s what motivated me to create this new, online training course.
My goal is is to teach you how to implement an effective Observation, Assessment and Planning cycle, which will save you time and help you to better support your children. And I want to give you all the practical tools and resources you need to make it work in your setting.
Get Access To A Unique Program That Will Help You Implement An Effective Observation, Assessment And Planning Cycle Without Needless Paperwork And Admin
All of us, I’m sure, want to improve the support we give to our children. And we want to do it in a way that’s fast, efficient and effective.
But it can be really difficult to take time out of our working day to attend long training courses, or to go events “after hours” when we’re tired and just want to get home.
That’s why I’ve created this online course to teach you what you need to know in simple, bite sized chunks. And that you can access at your own convenience whenever and wherever you want.
Over the past few months I’ve been piloting the program getting direct feedback from leading Early Years practitioners to make sure it contains everything you need to implement an effective Observation, Assessment and Planning cycle quickly and efficiently in your setting.
And the feedback has been brilliant…
Kathy’s advice is balanced, positive and she explains not only the ‘why’ but the ‘how’ which makes this a unique course. I would strongly recommend this course to both new and experienced practitioners.
It’s a great refresher course for those with existing knowledge. I liked the commentary behind the slides providing examples and further information. I also think some aspects of it would be good for apprentices, as the information would help them to participate in planning, observations etc, and can be accessed in their own time.
It was easy to access with support materials that were useful to refer to. It is not too long and is broken up into the different modules, which means that it is easy to concentrate on one aspect at a time.
This course is definitely helpful to those with experience who wish to revisit parts of their knowledge and also to extend themselves or their team. It will add depth to your understanding of observations. I would encourage any new manager or leader of a room to do the course as it has that balance of personal and leadership in the course.
What Does The Course Contain?
The course will teach you how to implement an effective Observation, Assessment and Planning cycle, which will save you time and help you to better support your children.
It consists of 5 primary modules.
Module 1 – Observations:
This module explores and examines observations, including:
- The different types of observations to use in different circumstances
- Making observations meaningful and actionable
- How to make your observations more quickly and efficiently
- Incorporating children’s voice into your observations
Module 2 – Assessments and Evaluations of Observations:
This module focuses on Next Steps, both how to create Next Steps from your observations and then how to formulate them so they are suitable for your planning needs. It includes:
- How to create practical Next Steps from your observations
- Next Steps for specific situations e.g. SEN, 2 year olds, hard to reach groups
- Linking assessments to a wider, holistic curriculum
Module 3 – Planning:
This module scrutinises planning and its part in the Observation, Assessment and Planning cycle. Including:
- Different types of planning such as long, medium and short term planning
- Putting Next Steps into practice
- Helping children to achieve their full potential
- Methods for effectively and efficiently recording plans
Module 4 – Reviewing the Observation, Assessment and Planning cycle:
This module reviews the Observation, Assessment and Planning cycle, using the information gained from the first three modules. This includes:
- The importance of clear links between the stages of the Observation, Assessment and Planning cycle
- Understanding the continuous and cyclical nature of the Observation, Assessment and Planning cycle
Module 5 – Supporting others to implement the Observation, Assessment and Planning cycle:
This module has practical ideas to help you to support colleagues to implement the Observation, Assessment and Planning cycle. This includes:
- Specific guidelines to support colleagues
- How to mentor and coach colleagues
- Strategies for long term support of staff
You get Lifetime Access to all the training resources. You can access them online, or download them to your computer to review and use whenever you need.
And as a valued course member you also get…
- Exercises and resource guides to reinforce your learning
- An end-of-course quiz with certificate of completion
- Access to a private group on Facebook to the ‘Early Years Advocates’ group for my online course members only, where you can share experiences and ideas with other like-minded professionals
- Personal support from me in the group to answer your questions
Is This Course For Me?
The course is designed for Early Years Practitioners who want to make a real improvement to their practice while saving time through an effective Observation, Assessment and Planning Cycle.
But it’s not for everyone.
What I don’t want is for you to sign up and then never make use of any of the resources – that would be a huge shame.
Each module is around 30-60 minutes of training on video (split up into bite-sized chunks) with accompanying exercises, worksheets and resource guides. You’ll need to dedicate time to go through the videos and also into planning and implementing what you learn in your own settings.
So you can expect to spend about 60-90 minutes per module on the course.
Of course, if you want to invest more time in the course, that’s great. You’ll get even more out of it.
And you can do it at your own pace.
If you need to take more time to go through the course or take a week off to focus on implementation then that’s great too. You have lifetime access to the training and can come back to it whenever you want.
But please only sign up if you’re really going to use the material.
If you can do that, and if you really want to achieve the improvements in support for your children and in the efficiency of your observations then this could be perfect for you.
How Much Does The Program Cost?
My goal is to give you the very highest quality training that will make a real difference to your practice at a price you can afford. When you buy the program you’ll get instant, lifetime access to the whole course, including:
- Lifetime access to all five training modules.
- Practical tips on how to save time while supporting your children better through Observation, Assessment and Planning
- Exercises and resource guides to reinforce your learning
- Details on how to train, mentor and support your colleagues to implement Observation, Assessment and Planning themselves
- Membership of the private “Early Years Advocates” Facebook group for course members where you can share experiences and ideas with like-minded practitioners
- Personal support from me in the group to answer all your questions
- A certificate on successful completion of the course
All for just:
Special Value Price:
Get Instant Access To The Observation, Assessment & Planning Master Course
Just click the button below and you’ll go to a form where you can enter your credit card details to get access to the course for the special price of just £97.
You’ll get confirmation details and instructions on how to access the Facebook Group by email too.
I really look forward to having you in the program and working with you to help you implement an effective Observation, Assessment and Planning system in your setting.